The mission of CHAMPS is to provide opportunities for education and training, networking, and workforce development so that Region VIII (Colorado, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, Wyoming) Community Health Centers can better serve their patients and communities.
Through our programming, activities, and offerings, CHAMPS aims to support Region VIII Community Health Centers (CHCs) and Primary Care Associations (PCAs) by:
- Offering accessible education and training opportunities for entry-level and experienced CHC staff and board members in a variety of formats including annual conferences, regional trainings, distance learning, podcasts, and online resources.
- Promoting collaboration, networking, and support among Region VIII CHCs and PCAs through committees, conference calls, collaboratives, ECHOs, trainings, and conferences.
- Sending timely communications relevant to CHCs related to policy, initiatives, funding, and training opportunities.
- Sharing board resources to help Region VIII CHCs build and maintain strong and effective governing structures.
- Providing high-quality online clinical resources including tools, posters, videos, pocket cards, and links.
- Providing cross-disciplinary resources and tools for emergency preparedness and response, outreach and enrollment, special populations, and more.
- Offering quality improvement (QI) resources including QI tools and plan assistance, and resources for healthy equity, social determinants of health, and PCMH.
- Supporting workforce development through the Job Opportunities Bank (JOB) and recruitment and retention resources.
- Collecting and disseminating national and regional CHC and related data.
- Continuously assessing the changing needs of Region VIII CHCs and PCAs to determine future programming.
Stay up to date on CHAMPS offerings by following us on LinkedIn and signing up for the CHAMPS Quarterly Newsletter!